Need Help?

If you need help now and it is outside of our office hours, see below for a list of emergency contacts and other groups who work to support youth in and from care in BC.

Crisis and Support Lines


In the event of an emergency, DIAL 911.

Youth in BC
Free 24/7 crisis  counseling line for youth in B.C. with online chat until 1 AM
PHONE: 1-866-872-0113 | LIVE CHAT: 

Kids Help Phone
Free 24/7 crisis  counseling line for young people age 20 and under
Phone | 1-800-668-6868 | LIVE CHAT: | Resources Around Me

Non-profit registered charity that provides 24 hour crisis services through education, prevention and intervention programs.
Toll Free | 1-800-588-8717 | Child/Youth Line | 250-723-2040 | Adult/Elders Line | 250-723-4050 | Métis Line | (1-833-MétisBC)

Specific Resources for Young People in and from Care

Ministry of Children and Family Development
A website that supports young people to navigate many of the challenges and barriers that come with transitioning out of government care and into adulthood.

BC Representative for Children and Youth
If you are still in care, the RCY has advocates you can contact if you are not happy with your experience in care; they also have a free app that empowers young people to understand and speak out about their rights guaranteed under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

BC Ombudsperson
Do you feel like you have been treated unfairly? Do you have a complaint and feel like your voice isn’t being heard? The Ombudsperson's office is here to listen to complaints youth may have about a variety of issues from youth agreements, aging out and transition planning to housing, schools, healthcare and more. Services are free and confidential.

Contact: 1-800-567-FAIR (3247)

Twitter & Facebook: @bcombudsperson